WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE FIRST VISIT
During your first visit, our lovely and helpful front desk staff will welcome you to the clinic. Our highly experienced and friendly therapist will complete an initial assessment to discover what injury you are presenting us with, and how it happened. Following a detailed history and physical assessment, we will determine a proper course of action depending on your goal. One important aspect of recovering from injury is to help educate patients on ways to prevent further aggravation of symptoms.
Treatment intervention could include:
- Muscle and fascial Release Techniques
- Electrical modalities (Interfential current IFC, Ultrasound)
- Performance Taping
- Joint mobilizations
- Exercise prescription
If you want to make a difference in your future health, you can trust the chiropractors at My Physio and Sport rehabilitation Centre. Chiropractors are primary health care practitioners trained to effectively assess, diagnose and manage soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries, enhance athletic performance and treat post-surgical conditions. They understand the importance of working alongside other health care practitioners, including medical physicians, physiotherapists and massage therapists in order to facilitate patient care and recovery. At My Physio the healthcare team bring many years of experience and skill in treating neuromusculoskeletal pain including a variety of sports injuries. Further conjunctive therapy includes acupuncture which can treat an array of musculoskeletal and soft tissue injuries.
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Elbow tendinosis
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciopathy
- Various running injuries
- + More
What to expect at My Physio when visiting our Chiropractors
At My Physio the importance of providing the most optimal care to patients is emphasized. Your visits will always consist of a careful and complete health consultation/assessment followed by a thorough clinical examination before commencing any treatment. The assessment includes a thorough functional and biomechanical evaluation of the soft tissue, joints and nervous system. Once we have an accurate diagnosis, we will provide an effective customized treatment plan to incorporate a combination of therapeutic techniques directed towards relieving your musculoskeletal symptoms. Some of the therapeutic techniques include:
- Acupuncture to help eliminate pain, stimulating nerve receptors in the skin and muscle and cause an increase of local blood flow that encourages tissue
- Myofascial Release Technique to locate and break up scar tissue/fascial adhesions that form due to direct injury or repetitive movement over time in order to improve function and alleviate pain.
- Exercise/Stretches to enhance your chiropractic treatment and enable you to move better.
- Chiropractic Manipulation techniques are used to normalize joint mechanics and improve range of motion.
- Graston Technique/ Instrument assisted uses a specifically designed tool to treat areas of adhesions and fascial tension, and break up any scar tissue to help treat injuries.
- Kinesiotaping uses stretchable kinesiology tape in a specific manner to correct muscle function, improve neuro-motor control, and support underlying muscles and ligaments.
- LASER Therapy infrared light to reduce pain and inflammation in the treatment of injured tissue.