Custom Orthotics in Vaughan & Woodbridge.
Living with an imbalance in your gait or in the build of your body has a knock-on effect — and it can significantly affect the overall comfort and well-being of your body. Even the most minor misalignments or imbalances can cause widespread or migrating pain, muscle cramping, tension and more.
At My Physio Sports & Rehab Centre, we offer custom orthotics in Woodbridge, Vaughan and the GTA to help you get your balance back on track.
Orthotics are considered a conservative intervention that introduces alignment and improved posture. They are corrective implementations that can significantly reduce chronic pain levels and reduce symptoms for a wide array of lower limb conditions.
we treat the whole body
Our locally-based orthotics clinic is part of our wellness centre, featuring a highly experienced chiropractor in Vaughan. We also offer physiotherapy to Vaughan and other GTA residents.
We aim to treat the whole person and establish the root of the problem, rather than treating the symptoms. This means we can identify when chronic pain the body might be due to limbs that are not the same in length, or other prominent physical imbalances.
what to expect on the first visit
When you visit our Vaughan physiotherapy clinic, you’ll receive a warm welcome and a safe space to relax in. As creators of custom orthotics in Vaughan, we are proud to be a local service provider.
Our highly experienced and friendly therapist will complete an initial assessment to discover what injury you are presenting us with, and how it happened.
Following a detailed history and physical assessment, we will determine a proper course of action depending on your goal. One important aspect of recovering from injury is to help educate patients on ways to prevent further aggravation of symptoms.
Our community-centric professionals share in the healing journey of each person that visits. The success stories and the progress we witness keeps us motivated to help as many people as possible.
Treatment intervention could include:
- Muscle and fascial Release Techniques
- Electrical modalities (Interferential current IFC, Ultrasound)
- Performance Taping
- Joint mobilizations
- Exercise prescription
Custom Orthotics in vaughan
Custom orthotics are individually made shoe inserts used to correct faulty foot mechanics and address biomechanical foot disorders.
They help optimize foot and lower limb alignment to improve gait and mitigate the stresses to the body, resulting in pain reduction, improved biomechanical function, and a reduced risk of injury. Our healthcare providers will do a thorough assessment and take 3-D image casts of your feet.
They will also perform a gait analysis to appropriately prescribe your orthotics. Your healthcare provider will observe how you walk to identify any existing functional abnormalities. At My Physio, our qualified healthcare providers, including a licensed chiropodist, are trained to thoroughly assess and determine if orthotics are required and correctly fit you as necessary.
Your custom-made orthotics will likely take two to three weeks to be manufactured. When your orthotics are ready, our office will contact you to schedule an appointment to dispense them to you and educate you on proper orthotic use and care.
Most extended healthcare insurances cover custom-made orthotics, provided that they are manufactured from a 3-D cast of your foot. Custom orthotics are prescribed by the appropriate healthcare provider — such as a chiropodist, family practitioner or podiatrist.
You can check your extended healthcare insurance plan rules to determine if you need a prescription. Extended healthcare insurances/group insurances may allow chiropractors and physiotherapists to dispense the orthotics.
When diagnosed with poor foot biomechanics, custom orthotics can help such conditions as:
- Hallux Valgus (bunions) Hallux Rigidus
- Metatarsal Pain
- Mortons Neuroma
- Plantar Fasciitis/Fasciopathy
- Heel Spur/Fat Pad Syndrome
- Low Arches (Pes Planus) & High Arches (Pes Cavus)
- Achilles Tendonitis/Tendinopathy
- Lower Limb Pain (Ankle, Knee, Hip)
- Patellar Femoral Pain Syndrome (PFPS)
- IT Band Syndrome
- Low Back Pain and Sacroiliac Join Dysfunction
- And Many More
orthotics can change your life
There are a number of ways in which orthotics can improve your life. If you live in pain, it can become difficult to remain ambitious and motivated in life. Your world shrinks to the limits your pain has set for you.
Orthotics don’t only alleviate pain — they can also improve:
- Diabetic foot care – Diabetes places people at a higher risk of damage to the feet. Reduced blood flow and nerve damage can be devastating. Orthotics that are custom-designed can help a diabetic observe optimal foot care to alleviate pressure in certain areas, supporting each foot in the unique ways it requires it.
- Correct flat feet – This condition can lead to undue stress in certain areas of the feet, as well as in other areas of the body. It’s very common for people with flat feet to experience severe pain as a result of the pressure and stress. The correct orthotics can correct this with ease.
- Arch support – General shoe inserts simply won’t cut it if you have high arches. High arches can lead to pain and discomfort throughout the body — and not just in the feet. It’s incredibly common for those with high arches to experience pressure on the joints — however all of these symptoms can be improved, if not eradicated with the correct orthotics.
There are many benefits to using the correct orthotics that are custom designed to your needs. The benefits we have mentioned only begin to scratch the surface. We highly recommend that you make the life-changing decision to feel better. It all starts with that first appointment!
The complex conditions that require orthotics rarely see much improvement from standard shoe inserts and orthotics that aren’t designed based on an evaluation of your gait and your needs.
For more information about orthotics, speak to one of our healthcare providers to find out if they will benefit you. Our team of staff is ready and eager to assist you in contacting your extended healthcare insurance plan to see if you qualify.
Request An Appointment Today With Of Our Specialists