WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE FIRST VISIT
During your first visit, our lovely and helpful front desk staff will welcome you to the clinic. Our highly experienced and friendly therapist will complete an initial assessment to discover what injury you are presenting us with, and how it happened. Following a detailed history and physical assessment, we will determine a proper course of action depending on your goal. One important aspect of recovering from injury is to help educate patients on ways to prevent further aggravation of symptoms.
Treatment intervention could include:
- Muscle and fascial Release Techniques
- Electrical modalities (Interfential current IFC, Ultrasound)
- Performance Taping
- Joint mobilizations
- Exercise prescription
Physiotherapists are regulated health care professionals that excel in the ability to assess and treat a variety of conditions arising from the muscles, joints, ligaments, bones, and nerves of the body. All of our physiotherapists have a Masters Degree from an accredited university and are registered and in good standing with a regulatory board.
My Physio Sports and Rehab Centre is dedicated to providing Vaughan residents with the highest quality of physiotherapy care. We look to treat the cause of your condition and not just the symptoms. Our physiotherapists emphasize the importance of using a ‘hands-on’ technique for treatment. They perform a thorough clinical examination to assess the integrity of the neuromusculoskeletal which includes muscles, ligaments, joints and nerves. Following this assessment, they will provide a customized treatment plan that includes a combination of therapy techniques such as:
- Active Release Techniques® (ART®)
- Functional Range Release Technique® (FRR)
- Shockwave Therapy
- Graston Technique
- Joint Mobilization Techniques
- Electrotherapy (Interferential, TENS), LASER and ultrasound
- Our therapists are constantly up to date with the latest techniques and modalities.
- Have Experience treating athletes in the Olympics and professional sporting leagues in North America.
- We hold seminars and mentor-ship programs to train up and coming physiotherapists.
- All of our physiotherapists have a Masters Degree from an accredited university and are registered and in good standing with a regulatory board.
Our physiotherapists have experience in effectively assessing and treating several neuromusculoskeletal conditions such as:
- Shouder Pain/Rotator Cuff Tendonitis
- Upper/Lower Back Pain
- Scoliosis/Poor Posture
- Cervical Disc Herniation
- Neck Pain/Whiplash
- Arm Pain/Biceps Tendonitis
- Tennis Elbow/Elbow Tendinosis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/Pins and Needles
- Sports Injuries/Automobile Accidents/Worker’s Comp. Injuries
- Lumbar Disc Pain
- Ligamentous Knee Injuries
(MCL, ACL, LCL, PCL)
- Patellofemoral Pain/Strain
- Shin Splints
- Ankle Sprains/Strains
- Plantar Fasciitis/Achilles Tendinopathy/Foot Disorders
- Jaw Joint Pay/Dizziness
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome/Upper Leg
- Pre & Post Operative Rehabilitation